The Barista/Associate Barista are the foundation of the café. The Barista/Associate Barista are responsible for honoring each and every customer by providing excellent customer service.He/she are also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas and food selections. The Barista/Associate Barista displays a positive attitude at all times to ensure the return of our customers who are the reason for our business. The Barista/Associate Barista is a true professional that fulfills any additional duties the Café Manager or Shift Supervisor assigns.
Barista: is classified as having 1+ years of experiences in working in a café setting preparing espresso based drinks and has 1+ years in food service and guest service/interaction.
Hourly, 10-25 hours per week
A Barista/Associate Barista must have the ability to:
- Passion for the Coffee Industry and Hospitality Industry.
- Process information/merchandise through POS register system.
- Punctual Attendance and Reliable transportation.
- Effectively communicate verbally with staff members & guests.
- Read, count and write to complete all documentation.
- Handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Work successfully as part of a team, while under pressure.
- Freely access all areas of the store.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary for store operation.
- Properly maintains cash register, counting change to guests and accurately capture products sold in the point of sale.
- Move or handle merchandise generally weighing 0‐50 pounds.
- Maintain a positive morale and professional attitude.
- Proper working knowledge of all equipment in the café and retail.
- Proper working knowledge of all food and beverage menu items, knowledge ingredients, and background of menu items.
- Stand, walk, talk and hear for long periods of time.
- Frequently use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Handle/Prepare hot/cold food and hot/cold beverages.
- Provide documentation that they are at least 16 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include, but not limited to, early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights, holidays and special events.